At Selsia Vehicle Accident Centres Limited we are committed to safe guarding the privacy of your personal information. Selsia complies with the current Data Protection Act as well as the EU GDPR regulations in the way that we manage your personal data for operational and marketing purposes. Selsia is registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) Data Protection register under number: ZA345684.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
These are the main ways we collect your information:
• When you or your insurer or your company representative reports an incident to our call centre which is consequently uploaded to our Selsia Central online Repair Management Portal.
• When you or your insurer or your company representative uploads an incident directly into our Selsia Central online Repair Management Portal.
• If you contact us directly via our Selsia website or via our customer service lines to request information about our services.
• If you contact us directly via our Selsia web site using our LiveChat service to request information about our services.
• If, having opted-in with your contact permissions, you reply to our Agent Sender email broadcast marketing campaigns via our Smart Survey customer research software.
• If with your permission, your contact details are transferred from authorised third parties such as employers for whom we are performing services.
• If your vehicle data (incl. vehicle identification number) is transferred to Selsia while you’re having your vehicle repaired.
• If we acquired your personal data from other sources with your permission.
If you are under 16 please do not provide us with any of your information unless you have the permission of your parent or guardian to do so.
Please help us to keep your information up to date by informing us of any changes to your contact details or preferences. You may change or review your preferences by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT INFORMATION MAY BE COLLECTED ABOUT YOU
In order to deliver the services you have requested and to receive marketing information you have requested, the following types of personal information about you may be collected:
• Date of birth
• Home address
• Email address
• Phone numbers
• Vehicle registration number
• Vehicle location information
• Employee number
• Years held licence for
• Licence country of use
• Motoring convictions
• Pending prosecutions
• DVLA notifiable medical conditions
• Whether insurance has been refused
HOW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE USED
Use of personal information under EU data protection laws must be justified under one of a number of legal grounds and we are required to set out the grounds in respect of each use in this policy. When you use our online repair management portal, website, and other online digital services such as LiveChat and Smart Survey which we use for marketing purposes, we store data such as the name of your internet service provider, the website that you use to link to our site, the websites that you visit from our site your IP address, name, address, contact telephone numbers and email address.
The main uses of your information are:
Customer Support and Marketing
Selsia uses your personal data for customer care and for personalised communication of Selsia services, where necessary with your consent. We use your personal data to respond to enquiries and to bring you news and information. We only include personal information such as names and email addresses for inclusion on our email marketing software via a double opt-in process.
Your data is used only to supply you with the services that you have requested or for other purposes for which you have given consent. From time to time, we will use analytics services such as LiveChat to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of our web site services. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow our third party providers to make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
We use LiveChat to supply and support our service, which we use to handle customer enquiries in real time. If you use the LiveChat service we will collect your name, email address (optional) and the contents of your LiveChat session. This information will not be shared with any other organisations. You can request a transcript of your LiveChat session if you provide your email address at the start of your session or when prompted at the end.
Repair management of your damaged vehicle
Your personal data is used only to supply you with the services that you have requested or for other purposes for which you have given consent. All third part service providers have given Selsia assurances that as suppliers to Selsia, they are GDPR compliant. Your personal information is used for the following operational reasons:
• To allow Selsia and our approved recovery agent to arrange recovery of your vehicle to an approved sub-contractor.
• To allow Selsia and our approved sub-contractors to contact you to book your vehicle in for an estimate.
• To allow Selsia and our approved sub-contractors to contact you to book your vehicle in for repair.
• To allow Selsia and our approved sub-contractors to keep you informed about the repair progress of your vehicle.
• To allow authorised third parties such as insurers, brokers, claims handling companies and uninsured loss recovery companies to contact you in relation to the circumstances of the incident reported to Selsia by you or your company representative.
Quality assurance, research and development and management information, to improve our services
Selsia may use any of the information that it receives via our Selsia Central Repair Management Portal for service quality assurance, development and management information purposes. Before any such use is undertaken your information will be de-personalised so it cannot be directly linked back to you.
Compliance with legal requests for your information – to comply with our legal obligations to law enforcement, regulators and the court service
We may be legally required to provide your information to law enforcement agencies, regulators and courts and third party litigants in connection with proceedings or investigations anywhere in the world. Where permitted, we will direct any such request to you or notify you before responding unless to do so would prejudice the prevention or detection of a crime.
Legal grounds for processing of your personal information
The use of your information set out above is permitted under EU data protection law on the basis of these principal legal grounds:
• where you have consented to the use, you will have listened to a consent message when reporting your incident and may withdraw your consent at any time through the Selsia Operations Centre on 0333 444 5500.
• or sending an email to: email@example.com
• or by writing to us at:
Selsia Vehicle Accident Centres Limited
• where necessary to enter into or perform our contract with you
• where we need to use it to comply with our legal obligations
• where we use it to achieve a legitimate interest and our reasons for using it outweigh any prejudice to your data protection rights (our legitimate interests include promoting the Selsia business and tailoring news and information to your profile and research and development of services)
• where necessary for us to defend, prosecute or make a claim against you, us or a third party
There may be uses that are permitted on the basis of other grounds; where this is the case we will use reasonable endeavours to identify the ground and communicate it you as soon as possible after becoming aware of the new basis.
Transfer to third parties.
Personal information which we collected may be transferred to third parties on your behalf, only with your consent.
This is only shared in a secure manner, using a consistent security protocol. When we share with other parties we ensure that they only use your personal data for the purpose it was collected and do not allow them to abuse this agreement.
The types of third parties apart from Selsia already stated are:
• Approved sub-contractors who deliver the service which you have requested
• Other approved third parties who deliver claims services in relation to the service you have requested
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SAFE
We and our third party providers use a variety of security measures, including encryption and authentication tools, to help protect and maintain security, integrity and availability of your information.
Although data transmission over the Internet or website cannot be guaranteed to be secure, we and our business partners work hard to maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your information in accordance with applicable data protection requirements. Our main security measures are:
• tightly restricted personal access to your data on a ‘need to know’ basis and for the communicated purpose only
• transferred collected data only in encrypted form
• highly confidential data stored only in encrypted form
• all password protected
• firewalled IT systems to prohibit unauthorised access e.g. from hackers
• permanently monitored access to IT systems to detect and stop misuse of personal data.
If you have a personal password such as for the Selsia Central Repair Management Portal which enables you to access certain parts of our websites or any other portal, app or service we operate, do not forget your responsibility for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR
We retain your information only as long as is necessary for the purpose for which we obtained them and any other permitted linked purposes. If information is used for two purposes we will retain it until the purpose with the latest period expires; but we will stop using it for the purpose with a shorter period once that period expires.
We restrict access to your information to only those persons who need to use it for the relevant purpose.
Our retention periods are based on business and legal needs and your information that is no longer needed is either irreversibly anonymised or destroyed securely.
Use for marketing:
We retain your personal information for as long as is necessary, but only for the relevant purpose that we collected it for. You retain the right to remove this consent at any point.
Use to perform a contract:
In relation to your information used to perform any contractual obligation with you and, or your employer for which we are obliged to perform our contractual obligations, we may retain that data whilst the contract remains in force plus up to 7 years to deal with any queries or claims thereafter.
Where claims are contemplated:
In relation to any information where we reasonably believe it will be necessary to defend or prosecute or make a claim against you, us or a third party, we may retain that data for as long as that claim could be pursued.
WHO MAY WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
Selsia is a national company, supported by third party business partners. Your personal information may be accessed by our staff, agents or contractors from across the United Kingdom for any of the purposes set out.
Third parties with whom we may share your personal data are:
• Selsia’s approved sub-contractor call centre
• Selsia’s approved sub-contractor bodyshops
• Insurance companies
• Claims management companies
• Automotive engineering consultants
• Your employers
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org you would like to request to see a copy of the specific safeguards applied to the export of your information.
HOW TO CHANGE YOUR PRIVACY PREFERENCES
You can change your preferences, or withdraw your consent in relation to how Selsia uses your personal information in one of the following ways:
• You are able to request information about your data stored at Selsia as well as request the correction, deletion or restriction of your personal data for analytics and/or marketing use.
• By contacting our Data Protection Officer (DPO) via the Selsia Operations Team on 0333 444 5500.
• By sending an email to: email@example.com
• Or by writing to us at:
Selsia Vehicle Accident Centres Limited
If you have any questions in relation to our use of your information you should first contact Selsia in one of the following ways:
• By contacting the Selsia Operations Team on 0333 444 5500.
• By sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Or by writing to us at:
Selsia Vehicle Accident Centres Limited
In addition you may contact the responsible data privacy controller by contacting us using the aforementioned methods of contact.
Under certain conditions you have the right to:
• be informed that we have retained your personal data, have access to your personal data, rectification of the details of your personal data, the erasure of your personal data that we no longer have a lawful ground to use, restrict processing of your personal data, restrict data portability (of personal data you have provided to a controller where the processing is based on your consent or for the performance of a contract and when processing is carried out by automated means, such as with Selsia Central), object to us using your personal data, not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling, request us to remove you from direct mailing data bases, provide you with further details on the use we make of your information, provide you with your personal information in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (right to data portability) and cease carrying out certain processing activities based on the legitimate interests ground unless our reasons for undertaking that processing outweigh any prejudice to your data protection rights.
We will comply with any request on a free of charge basis and respond within one month. We reserve the right to refuse or charge for requests that are manifestly unfounded or excessive and we will inform you why. You have the right to complain to the supervisory authority and to a judicial remedy.
Your exercise of these rights is subject to certain exemptions to safeguard the public interest (e.g. the prevention or detection of crime), our interests (e.g. the maintenance of legal privilege) and the rights of third parties.
Your right to complain
As Selsia complies with the current Data Protection Act, then most of our approach to compliance for our operational and marketing data controls remains valid under the GDPR and has been the starting point to our GDPR compliance. Selsia is registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) Data Protection register under number: ZA345684.
If you are dissatisfied with our use of your information or our response to any exercise of these rights you have the right to complain to the ICO.
You have the right to complain to the ICO if you think there is a problem with the way we are handling your data. We will provide you with the information you require in concise, easy to understand and clear language. From time to time we use this data for statistical purposes while maintaining the anonymity of each individual user. You have the right to review and amend any personal data stored in our system if it is incorrect or out-of-date. You have the right to withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data at any time in the future. We will retain your personal data only as long as it is necessary for us to render you a service that you have requested for which you have given your consent.
Please contact Selsia using the aforementioned methods of contact with any problems, questions or suggestions that you may have.